Trying to decide on whether to use social media advertising? Let’s cut to the chase with some good, hard stats. They’re pretty impressive and were compiled from numerous studies conducted by 5 noted marketing research firms. They may help you make your decision.
- Over half of all online brand discovery happens via social feeds, both organic and paid. So, if you think getting “Likes”, “Thumbs Up”, or re-posts isn’t that important, think again. There are a lot of consumers looking for exactly what you and your company have to offer.
- Almost 75% of B2B companies who use paid advertising use paid social. Sure, Google Ads are great, but don’t forget paid social.
- If you forgot to put a “Buy” button on your social ads, think again; almost 15% of Internet users say that having one handy would increase their chances of making a purchase.
- Facebook ads reach almost 2 billion people, which is approximately a third of the world’s adult population.
- In the 4th quarter of 2019, Facebook’s ad prices decreased by 5% when compared to 4th quarter 2018.
- Of all social referrals to ecommerce sites that took place in 4th quarter of 2019, over 80% came from Facebook. Number 2? Instagram with 10%.
- The average Facebook user clicks 12 ads over a 30-day period.
- A/B, or split, testing of ads improves CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) by almost 75%. It’s all about researching your audience and finding out what they like and don’t like. It will take a little more work, but, come on, a 75% improvement? Yep, it’s worth it.
- Twitter’s Cost Per Engagement (CPE) dropped 13% in 4th quarter 2019. An engagement is when an ad viewer engages with you campaign, such as clicking on a link, button, et al.
- Ads on LinkedIn reach over 60% of the United States population (12% worldwide).
- Almost 90% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for lead gen.
- Last year, YouTube brought in about $15bn in advertising revenue.
- Social advertising is expected to increase by 20% to $43bn in 2020.
- A poor social ad can trigger a poor emotional response in less than a second.
- Over 25% of Internet users find new brands or products via paid social advertising.
- LinkedIn is the top social channel for paid B2B social advertising.
Questions about Paid Social Advertising?
Talk to the tenured, highly experienced professionals at d2 Designs, Dallas/Ft. Worth’s most innovative digital marketing agency. d2 creates, executes, and manages multi-marketing solutions for customers with a focus on brand engagement that optimizes the digital experience through traditional media, online advertising, social media, lead gen and key analytics, e-commerce, and experiential live and virtual events that will knock your socks off. Check us out at d2.designs, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please follow us via social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) for more great, informative digital marketing tips and suggestions.